2ft Single Fixture
Manufacturer: Kino Flo
Product Code: CFX-2401
The universal Single portable lighting system comes in a slender package but delivers ample light for challenging spaces such as set practicals or automobile interiors. Single Systems feature:
The 1-Lamp Fixture
• Built-in Barndoors
• Removable Lamp Harness, Reflector and Louver
• Twist-on, locking Center Mount
• True Match® daylight and tungsten lamps
The Single System was designed as a softlight source that could be plugged into the wall on location. With its narrow profile and size, the Single could approximate the quality of light from bounced sources without losing set space.
The Single fixture houses the lamp and is comprised of a removable Louver, Reflector, and Lamp Harness. The Louver and Reflector are held in place with Velcro fasteners. There is a strain relief on the lamp harness to ensure the connectors don’t pull off the lamp during operation. To get the harness away from the fixture, turn the ¼ turn fastener and rotate counter-clockwise to release.
Fixture can be used in several configurations:
1) Complete fixture with all components combined.
2) "Harness Only" - The wiring harness is removed from the fixture so that the user can build a softbox, hide behind Plexiglass or
rig into tight locations. The wiring harness uses Kino Flo designed lamp connectors that grab the lamp pins so lamps can be
operated independently of the fixture.
3) "Harness + Reflector" - Same as above, but may want to use the reflector to give more punch and direction to the light.
4) Can use Louver to give direction to the light or remove louver to give broad coverage over an area.
The fixtures can take a variety of lamps. They can be used as a daylight source by using Kino Flo KF55 lamps or a tungsten source using Kino Flo KF32 lamps. A variety of visual effects for blue and green screen as well as designer colors are available.
Kino Flo lamps are color correct and safety-sleeved. The lamps are safety-sleeved because they can operate inside the fixture or independently with only the wiring harness. Additionally, on a production set the lamps are changed out. Safety-sleeving offers protection during lamp changes for the user as well as the talent on the set.
One of the design features that makes the fixture so popular is the twist-on removable Center Mount. When it's on, the fixture mounts easily to a light stand; when it's off, the fixture is flat and can be hand-held, or hidden in a space too small to place a stand-mounting fixture. When the mount is removed, the grommet holes along the edge of the fixture are designed to allow the fixture to be screwed to a wall or ceiling through its eyelets.
• 1-Lamp remote fixture w/ built-in barndoors
• Fixture includes Reflector, Louver, and removable Harness
• Same fixture takes daylight and tungsten lamps, plus visual effects color lamps
• Mounts to stand, light enough to tape to wall
• Removable center mount
• Fixture or lamps w/ harness run up to 75 feet (24 meters) from ballast
• High output, flicker-free ballasts
• Universal input voltage from 100-240VAC can be used anywhere in the world
• Instant-on, dead quiet
• HO/Std switching
• Low amperage draw at 0.6A/120VAC, 0.3A/230VAC
• Same ballast runs 4ft and 2ft lamps
• UL listed, CE approved